Highlights of December 2019
December is a big month for Newburgh Healthcare and our residents! The activity calendar is packed with holiday entertainment from our regular performers, as well as special programs from community volunteers.
Resident Christmas Portraits
The Activities Department started off the events by taking our annual “Resident Christmas Portraits.”
Residents receive multiple copies of their portraits, and a copy of each photograph was mailed to family members.
Our family members are always invited to join their loved ones for portraits!
Piano students of instructor Kay Keller gave holiday recitals at the facility following church service on December 15th.
St. John’s Mother-to-Mother group brought children in to carol up and down the halls for our residents on December 11th.
Various community organizations provided caroling in the halls and group holiday programs. Other organizations handed out Christmas gifts and cards when visiting with our residents one-on-one. Many community members also donated gifts for our annual Christmas party.
Melvina Poitier (center), a student at Ivy Tech Community College did her internship with the Activities Department during the fall semester and throughout the holiday season.
Boy Scouts Pack 305 provided caroling for the residents in the hallways on December 14th.
Community member Art Woodward provided his “A Step Back in Time” Christmas program on December 12th.
Members of Epworth United Methodist Church pose for a picture with one of our residents. The Church members provided caroling in the halls on December 15th.
Members of Apex Behavioral Services provided caroling for our residents on December 4th.
Ugly Sweater Competition
Newburgh Healthcare held it’s annual “Ugly Sweater” contest during the residents’ lunch hour on December 12th. Staff who participated did a fashion “walk-through” in the dining room; residents voted on their favorite sweater through the method of applause!
We present the winners of the Ugly Sweater contest! From left to right: Kelsey Johnson, Activity Assistant, Rebecca Odom, Director of Activities, and Dani Hillenbrand, Human Resources Director.
Resident Christmas Party
Owner Bruce Baker plays Santa for the Resident Christmas Party. He is accompanied by his grand-daughter, Abigail (left) and his daughter and Administrator of the facility, Suzanne Weigel.
The highlight of December is always our annual “Resident Christmas Party.” During this event, each resident is presented with a gift and receives a visit from Santa, who was played by facility owner Bruce Baker this year!
Gifts are anonymously purchased for residents by staff and family members and various community organizations who select resident names from our “Angel Tree.” We would like to thank all family members and staff who provided gifts! LNB Community Bank was gracious enough to adopt twelve of our residents this year!
Once the presents are passed, residents and family in attendance received refreshments and had the opportunity to visit!
We would like to thank all of our staff who assisted with the party and the other holiday events!
The facility would like to thank the staff and family members who generously adopted a resident and provided gifts, as well as the following community members:
Community Members Who Provided Christmas Programs, Holiday Music Performances, Caroling, Room Visits, Spiritual Services and Donations:
– Newburgh American Legion, Veteran’s Gifts
– Mulberry Jeans Accents, Gifts for Residents Passed Room-to-Room
– The Salvation Army, Gifts for Residents Passed Room-to-Room
– LNB Community Bank, Provided Christmas Party Gifts for 12 Residents
– Equinox Photography/Jeannie Worley, Wrote & Mailed Christmas Cards
– Mary Gray, Catholic Communion Coordinator
– Selene Clark, Catholic Communion Service
– Sasha Clark, Catholic Communion Service
– Jill Collier, Catholic Communion Service
– Roberta White, Catholic Communion Service
– Morningside Church Service
– The Bridge Church Service
– First Southern Baptist Church Service
– North Haven Church Service
– Cub Scouts Pack 305 Carolers
– St. John’s Mother-to-Mother Group Carolers
– Epworth United Church Carolers
– Apex Behavioral Services Carolers
– Landmark Baptist Church Carolers
– The Uplifter Carolers
– The Rainbow Assembly Carolers
– Haas Family Carolers
– Kay Keller – Piano Instructor and Students, Holiday Music Program
– Monte Blue, Holiday Music Program
– Allen Duckworth, Holiday Music Program
– Bob Minnette, Holiday Music Program
– Richard “T,” Holiday Music Program
– Matt Clark, Holiday Music Program
– Tari Martin, Holiday Music Program
– Art Woodward, Holiday Music Program
– Rod Hoschouer, Holiday Music Program
– Karen Sears, Holiday Music Program
– Bob & Tally Green, Holiday Music Program
– Monte Skelton, Holiday Music Program
– DM Karaoke, Holiday Music Program
– Seitz and Sounds, Holiday Music Program
To see all images of the 2019 Christmas events, please visit:
This entry was posted in 2019 Events
. Bookmark the permalink